A ship renowned for her time in New Zealand waters in 1826, Rosanna was under the captaincy of James Herd. Rosanna sailed with Lambton, and both were ships of the New Zealand Company. They arrived at Stewart Island on March 25 where they exchanged goods for produces, overhauled spars, and sawed planking on the islands with saw-pits and forges.
On 25 May, Captain Herd sailed into the port we know today as Wellington on Rosanna, and named it Port Nicholson. Later in the year, Rosanna had reached the Bay of Islands, after which she continued her journey to Hokianga Harbour before returning to Sydney.
In 1827, Captain Herd was back in New Zealand on Rosanna where he made an unsuccessful attempt at colonisation in the south. Before leaving New Zealand Rosanna called at Ship Cove in Queen Charlotte Sound.